Step-by-step instructions for making oboe and English horn reeds by David Weber and Ferald Capps.
Wonderfully illustrated by Vendla Weber.
Weber and Capps expose the secrets of the greatest reed makers, based upon their training in the Philadelphia style of oboe playing and reed making and from lifelong professional performing careers.
- choosing supplies
- basic techniques (knife sharpening, scraping, crowing, using the plaque)
- preliminary preparation of cane (selecting, gouging, shaping)
- wrapping, overlapping and "blank scrape"
- scraping to finished reed and refining the tone
- "Trade Secrets"
- what to do if...
- photographs of actual reeds made by the authors and other famous professional oboe players
Read more about the authors at http://www.webreeds.com/old/BioDWeber.html and http://www.webreeds.com/old/BioFCapps.html.
Add "The Reed Maker's Video" and save almost $10.00! (See below.)
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 July, 2005.